Christmas is one of those times of year where we all feel obliged to roll out our tartan scarves and start wandering through our nearest cities to take dreamy photos of all things festive. For bloggers, the season does add another layer of expectation where bloggers become obsessed with creating festive content using every tool available to them. This week's post looks at Christmas blogging and what it means to our community.
1) How have you been preparing your blogs for Christmas?
- So far just researching blogmas ideas.
- I've made a list of 100 blogmas post ideas for my blog and I've narrowed them down. I've taken the past two days off from blogging so I can focus in mass writing.
- I have a new header, thanks to @dorkfaceblog! And all my normally black sidebars etc have gone green 🎄🌟 & I have blogmas drafted!
- Does anything really prepare you for Christmas? So excited about all these new makeup brands and pop ups happening here in London though!
- Not really, I mean I am only doing some recipes this year and maybe some gift guides. I did Blogmas once and it killed my creativity!🎇
2) Would you ever consider doing blogmas (blogging everyday) in the run up to Christmas?
- Gonna do it for a second year in a row
- Thus is my second year so I realised where I was weak last year and tried to improve upon it.
- I've done it twice before and really enjoyed it 🎄. It's a lot of hard work and dedication but it is worth it. If anyone is thinking of doing #Blogmas,
- I did last year and planning to do it again this year. It's honestly so much funny and motivating when working within a theme too
- I've done it before but it was a nightmare i'll do christmas content but nowhere near as much as blogmas needs.
- I'd be worried I'd just rush to get content out for the sake of it!
- I actually did it about 2 years ago, honestly it killed every creative bone in my body, but I applaud anyone who does it! 🎇
3)What are your favourite festive posts to read?
- I love seeing posts about the Christmas markets, how people enjoy celebrating, favourites of the year + recipes ❄️❤️.
- Definitely recipes, I did a few last year and honestly they're some of my favourites to do. Can't wait to share this years!🎇
- It has got to be the Christmas recipes, and family disaster blogs. Everyone has them , so i love reading them!
- I like reading about how people spend Christmas in their country/culture. Oh and posts about festive foods, those are mouth watering 😛
- I love recipe posts & gift ideas 💜
- Festive recipes or decorating diy’s. I’m a sucker for fairy lights and cake 😍😂
- I’d say recipe and gift ideas to be honest and like home wear Christmas decoration hauls
4) What is the one thing you love most about Christmas?
- Spending time with my family. This year will be extra special as it’s my sons first Christmas and he will be 5 1/2 months old. He loves the Christmas tree already!
- Spending time with family, honestly the best thing in the world!🎇
- Just the excitement and all the activities on the build up of it all 🙊🎄
- The build up. Spending time with family. The happiness in everyone. The food. Oh and of course, the day after: my birthday 😂🎁
- Gosh i sound so very bah humbug, but i've honestly never liked christmas. I now totally understand the classic 'being with family' responses. Ever since becoming a mum, i LOVE it. Maybe even a bit too much🙊 its the face my 2yr old son makes at all things festive. ❤️
- Spending time with loved ones and the overall holiday cheer #fblchat
We wish everyone a happy festive season and hope everyone has a great time celebrating with their families. Our next #FBLCHAT will be next Tuesday at 8pm.